Mighty Gauls since ancient times drew their strength from the secret drink prepared by the great old man. But trouble came, where they did not expect – the venerable druid fell from a tree and broke his leg. Now Asterix and Obelix have to embark on a dangerous journey to find a new druid worthy to comprehend the secret potion recipe.
4k movies reviews
Comedy, fantasy. The cartoon that I have been waiting for since the release of “Land of the Gods” in the fourteenth year. I was already afraid that my favorite heroes were abandoned for good – but, fortunately, I was mistaken. After waiting for some five years, a new story about the adventures of the fearless Asterix and the dearest Obelix (my most beloved character) was published. And how not to see this? Right! Frankly, the picture will have only one minus, (you can take offense at me for this, but just like that) about which below, but for now, here’s a short opinion – a provocatively touching and damn funny cartoon. Now, as usual, let’s move on to the analysis:
So the pros:
1. Animation – I prefer two-dimensional painting more, because I grew up on such cartoons, and I don’t particularly like 3D. And, if you really start to find fault – then not everywhere in this picture animation is at a high level. But personally, I practically did not pay attention to this, because …
2. Heroes – our trinity of Asterix, Obelix and Panaramix, I think it’s not worth presenting, because they are known and loved all over the world. But here’s another quibble, quite unexpected – where is Ideefix? Where is this simpump, where is this faithful little pet of Obelix? And, of course, they did not forget about the villains, but how can the greatest and most terrible Guy Julius Caesar not be in the cartoon about Asterix. The character of Panaramix was also revealed in more detail.
3. The theme of succession – what can I say here. We are all not eternal, and when our time comes, we will look back and appreciate all that we did, what we could do, and what we didnt have to do. The same theme arises for the druid Panaramix, and for the rest of the inhabitants of the rebellious Gaulish village. If the previous cartoons were perceived as just another fun adventure, then this one raises a rather serious topic, although it does not refuse gaiety. Bravo!
4. Humor – what what, but I laughed notably. There were no even vulgar jokes, or rather not vulgar, but jokes that only grown-up uncles and aunts would understand. The humor in the picture both refers to mass culture and to modernity (I won’t elaborate much, otherwise it’s a spoiler). In general, if you want to laugh heartily, then this cartoon is for you.
5. Music – it mostly has a Gaulish motives, and is somewhat similar to Irish, which is not surprising. There is also a well-known French melody, which absolutely everyone knows. And the domestic dubbing also pleased the ear.
So the minus:
1. Predictability – if you’ve watched at least a few cartoons from this series, then the main points of the new picture will not surprise you, and the ending will be damn predictable. Personally, I understood everything at the very beginning, but still enjoyed watching it. Although, the writers are slowly starting to repeat themselves.
As a result, we have a provocatively touching and damn funny cartoon about my favorite characters – the fearless short man Asterix and the cutest fat man Obelix, who have a new adventure ahead.
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: Upscaled 4K (2160p)
Aspect ratio: 2.40:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
French: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
French: DTS 2.0
English SDH, English, French