In a giant underground laboratory, a dangerous virus breaks free, instantly turning its victims into gluttonous zombies. One bite or scratch of their terrible claws is enough for a person to become a maddened devourer of living flesh.
The military sends a group of special forces to a secret complex teeming with horrible mutated animals and hungry monsters, which is joined by charming Alice and brave police officer Matt. They only have three hours to destroy the virus before it spreads across the earth.
4k movies reviews
I watched this film for a long time. Then I did not know about the game yet. After the first viewing, a storm of positive emotions remained.
Let’s look at everything in order:
1) The actors – the line-up is excellent and the game is excellent. Milla Jovovich at one time surprised in the ‘Fifth Element’ and you should not expect a bad game from her. Pleased with Michelle Rodriguez. Michel was an excellent Marine. I do not see any drawbacks in this paragraph.
2) Plot – the idea is not a bad one. I really liked the mixture of light action and horror. But there are enough flaws (but how can we do without them). Paul Anderson managed to create a separate world out of the film. The ending is pretty predictable, but that’s not the point. The main thing is that a lot of new and living things have been introduced into the film.
Although at first, when I saw the soldier, I thought that the film would only consist of how a bunch of well-armed representatives of the military forces would exterminate the dead. But no. A good half of the soldiers were killed by the laser room and thus erased my assumptions and allowed the remaining ones to enjoy the attempt.
The absence of the final boss as such was also pleasing. This distinguished the film from the game, where he always appeared.
3) Negative characters: That the dead, that Slime are executed at their best. The only downside is in the scene with the dining room. Silly and like a dance walk disappointed me.
The slime was made quite realistically and was, in fact, rather just a pleasant addition than the final boss. The main negative character was made of a man, thereby proving that a man is much more terrible than any monster.
4) The place of action is the hive. A huge secret laboratory underground. What else can be wonderful. Having driven the heroes to such a place, the creators made the film really interesting to watch. When a few people try to get out of the ground to a surface that is pretty decent to get to, it looks strong. In this situation, it is impossible to stay in one place because it will be extremely difficult to get out of the ground and you have to move all the time in order to be saved.
The laser room will forever remain one of my favorite places for me. She’s like a dead end that you can’t get out of.
5) Special effects – here the creators weren’t really bothered. There are almost none of them in the film. Perhaps this can also be called a plus. An action movie rarely turns out to be interesting without them. Resident Evil is an exception.
6) Goodies – only one person can be distinguished here, this is Alice. Milla showed that a strong woman, first of all, should remain a woman and for this she does not need to put on a bunch of uniforms and behave like a man. In this film, she still does not have super-abilities, which cannot but rejoice. Kills beautifully and stylishly.
7) Features – each of the parts of the ‘Resident Evil’ has something of its own. I would highlight: Alice (completely and completely. Not an ordinary and well-remembered character), Lizuna (an excellent opponent) and the laboratory (with all its bells and whistles).
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: Native 4K (2160p)
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
English: Dolby Digital
French: Dolby Digital
Hindi: Dolby Digital
Italian: Dolby Digital
Japanese: Dolby Digital
Korean: Dolby Digital
Polish: Dolby Digital
Portuguese: Dolby Digital
Spanish: Dolby Digital
Tamil: Dolby Digital
Turkish: Dolby Digital
English, English SDH, Arabic, Chinese, Cantonese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.